School Reopening Information Hub
Last Updated 9/23/2020
To learn about more about our Reopening Plans submitted to NYS, click here
- What will the schedule for the Fall 2020 look like?
- Can a student change from hybrid to remote learning or vice versa?
- Will the students have physical education class?
- What will students be required to wear while remote learning?
- What is the earliest time my child can arrive at school?
- What are student academic expectations in regards to remote learning?
- What are the attendance expectations for remote learning?
- Who will be cleaning classrooms between classes?
- What will the average number of students in a physical classroom be?
- What if I forget my mask at home?
- Will students be required wear a mask at all times?
- How will you enforce social distancing between classes?
- How will students enter the building?
- How are the bathrooms and offices set up for social distancing?
- How will Loughlin keep classrooms ventilated?
- Will all students and faculty undergo temperature checks before entering the building?
Loughlin administration recently reached out to all parents for feedback on certain key questions as we prepare to reopen for the fall. The following responses represent nearly 300 Loughlin families:If Loughlin had to adopt a virtual (or partially virtual) education model at some point in the 2020-2021 school year, do you currently own enough laptops and/or other devices for each child to have an individual device?
If Loughlin had to adopt a virtual (or partially virtual) education model at some point in the 2020-2021 school year, would you need to borrow any devices from the school for each child to have an individual device?
If Loughlin is permitted to host "in-person" instruction (or some version of "in-person"), we will follow strict procedures to keep students, faculty, and staff safe. This includes practicing social distancing, reducing capacity, requiring masks for all, spacing students throughout the school, and sanitizing spaces after each use. How comfortable would you be sending your child(ren) to school?
If there is a potential positive case at the school, provided recommended precautions are taken (social distancing, reduced capacity, masks, etc.), how comfortable are you with your child(ren) returning to inperson instruction?
Please use the below links for on-line learning. If you encounter any technical difficulties, you may contact Desta Moe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PlusPortals Rediker Website- solutions on how to use PlusPortals.
Posting/Accessing Student Work for Teachers - written instructions for teachers
AP CollegeBoard Review: for the latest updates regarding the exam and free on-line classes and review sessions.
Submitting Coursework for Students
Written instructions for posting coursework - (copy from email received by parents & students)
How to Participate in Discussions- written instructions for PlusPortals
How to Upload an Assignment - link to a video on 'how to'