The 68th Annual Bishop Loughlin Games was held at The Ocean Breeze Sports Complex in Staten Island on Saturday, December 17th, and Sunday, December 18th. Over two days, more than 3,000 girls and boys came from Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware to complete and cross the finish line. The competition was great!
Twenty-nine Lions came out and competed. The Lions brought home two Championship plaques, an MVP plaque, a 3rd place team trophy and fourteen medals (nine gold, one sliver and four bronze).
Highlights and special recognitions below:
- Loughlin achieved a US, NY State and CHSAA #1 Ranking in the Varsity Boys 4X4. Junior Kyaire Lawson, Senior Jelani Johnson, Sophomore Rashaun Uche, and Senior Wesley Noble Jr. ran a 3:22.1
- Wesley Noble, Jr. won the Ed Bowes MVP award. He ran a season best and a US #2 in the 600 (1:21.27) and a split of 49.53 on the 4X4 meter relay.
- Senior, Jelani Johnson ran a season best and placed 2nd behind Wesley running (1:22.99) a US #3 time.
- Senior, Tyler Henry placed 3rd in the long jump. He had a jump of 19-10.25.
- Senior, Morgan Middleton ran a personal best and ran down the competition to achieve the CHSAA #1 & US #13 in the 600 meters (1:40.58).
- Junior, Kyaire Lawson ran a personal best in the 55-meter hurdles and is the #3 New York State Junior and a CHSAA #2 in the hurdles (8.01).
- Sophomore, Christian Walker, ran a US Sophomore #2 in the 600 meters (1:26.02)
- Sophomore, Rashaun Uche, ran a New York State Sophomore #2 in the 300 meters (37.10)
- Freshman, Roman Henry, ran a CHSAA Freshman #1 in the 600 meters (1:36.68)
- The Boys team placed 3rd overall as a whole for the meet.
Congratulations Track & Field Lions! Keep those medals coming!