Students must meet both Bishop Loughlin requirements and Regents requirements to graduate.
Bishop Loughlin Requirements
In order to earn a diploma from Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School, students must accumulate a minimum of 22 credits. Certain courses are required by the New York State Education Department; others are required by Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School.
A student at Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School must have credit for the following courses to graduate:
- four years of English — 4 credits
- four years of Social Studies — 4 credits
- three years of Mathematics — 3 credits
- three years of Science — 3 credits
- two years of a Language Other than English-- 2 credits
- eight quarters of Religion — 2 credits
- two quarters of Health — 1/2 credit
- four quarters of Fine Arts (Art / Music) — 1 credit
- eight quarters of Physical Education — 2 credits
All major subjects averaging one session each day for the academic year earn 1 credit.
Subjects averaging one session each day for a semester earn 1/2 credit.
In addition, the current regulations of New York State Board of Regents requires that every student pass the following Regents in order to get a diploma:
- Algebra ICC
- Living Environment
- Global History
- United States History
- English Language Arts CC
In order to get a Regents Diploma with Advanced Designation, a student must pass all of the Regents listed above and must also pass:
- the Chemistry Regents or the Physics Regents,
- Geometry Regents
- Algebra 2 and Trigonometry Regents
- And complete level 3 of a Language Other than English.
Required number of credits per year:
- Freshmen and Sophomores will carry a minimum of 7 credits.
- Juniors and Seniors will carry a minimum of 6 credits.