Driver's Education registration is now open for Fall '21! You can register online or print and submit your registration form. Please read below prior to registering regarding requirements and date-sensitive information. Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Teen Driver Education:
· Senior License at 17 (no restrictions)
· Receive up to 15% Insurance Discount
Our trained and highly competent driving instructors teach you theory and practice, and they demonstrate the proper behavior in road traffic. The latest teaching methods and vehicles professionally prepare your teen for the road – driving pleasure and mobility guaranteed.
We believe that the real road test is a: “A life time of collision free driving"
Requirements and Important Information:
- Students must be 16 years of age before Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 and have a learner's permit.
- Effective February 22, 2010, New York State Junior Learner Permit holders must have completed 50 hours of supervised driving (15 hours must be after sunset) and must possess a permit for six months before becoming eligible to take a road test. The required supervised driving hours do not apply to 17-year old permit holders who have completed a certified Driver Education course and who present a valid Student Certificate of Completion (MV-285) at the road test, since they will be issued a senior license (Class D or M) upon passage of the road test.
- The course is approved by the NYS Department of Education and Motor Vehicles.
- Students must meet the 24-hour classroom and the 24-hour automobile (6 hours at the wheel and 18 hours observation) instruction requirements for their certificate of completion. ONLY APPROVED CLASS ABSENCES will be rescheduled. Certificates of completion are not issued if the exact 48-hour requirement is not completed. Certificates of completion will be issued at the end of the course.
- As per NYS, there is an opt out option for in car driving. Please call 718-383-9259 for further details.
- When filling out application form, use name as it appears on the applicant's birth certificate. Do not use nicknames.
- Classes begin Tuesday, October 5, 2021 and are scheduled to conclude Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
- Road test arrangements are not included and are the responsibility of the student.
- Parent/Guardian with the student MUST ATTEND a Mandatory Orientation on Friday, October 1st at 7:30 p.m. via Zoom.
Application Fee: see Registration document above